The Global SOF Symposium – US is the flagship event of the Global SOF Foundation. We hold it every February in the Tampa Bay area at the beautiful Innisbrook Golf Resort and Spa. 2018’s event will be held from 19-21 February, and you don’t want to miss it! Here’s a few reasons why:
1) Recognizing Contributions to the Community: You’ll see Ambassador Pedro Morenés, Spanish Ambassador to the U.S., and Staff General Talib Shigati Mshari Al Kenani, the Director of Counter Terrorism Service – International in Iraq, receive this year’s Lifetime Achievement Awards.
2) Focused Networking Opportunities: From the Poolside Reception to the Networking Lunches to the Exhibit Hall, there will be ample opportunities to interact with fellow attendees and Symposium speakers. As a previous event attendee said:
“No other event I attend throughout the year gives me the opportunity to take the pulse of things relevant to my business like GSF Symposia.”
3) Exhibition Space for Hands-On Demonstrations: For the first time, the Global SOF Symposium – US will feature an Exhibit Hall. This will allow industry to show off what they can do for the SOF community. Space is limited, so jump in ASAP!
4) Prestigious Panelists and Keynotes: We already have a list of confirmed speakers that rivals that of any Symposium we’ve ever hosted. Speakers range from MARCENT’s Commander to Romania’s Chief of Defense to the U.S. Director of Defense Intelligence. Check out the full agenda with all of the Speakers.
5) Support Active Duty SOF as the Transition from the Military: The Symposium kicks off with a SOF for Life Seminar hosted by The Honor Foundation. This one-day session is unmatched in helping SOF and SOF Support find their “Why” and prepare for their post-military careers. Attendees of the Symposium will have the opportunity to meet Seminar participants and hear their stories.
6) Golf Where the Pros Golf: Our Symposium takes place right where the Valspar Tournament occurs, just a few weeks before the famed tournament occurs. We offer our attendees the opportunity to participate in a casual golf tournament at Innisbrook the Monday of our event week (President’s Day). Sign up here!
7) Participate in Relevant Discussions: The subjects of our panels and keynotes are not just fluff, and almost every presentation allows an opportunity for audience questions or engagement. Topics this year include “Women in SOF,” “Intelligence Sharing in Partnered Operations,” and “Building a Multinational SOF Headquarters.”
8) Globalize Your Network: So far, we have official representation attending from 11 different nations–a number that we expect to double by the conference date. Most of the attendees from these nations stay for the full Symposium, allowing ample opportunity to engage them in conversation.
9) Optimize Your Member or Partner Benefits: Every event features Partner- or Member-Only benefits, events, or discounts, to include exclusive breakfast sessions and a Chairman’s Reception. We also have GSF staff and volunteers on site who can demonstrate more ways to take advantage of your investment into the Foundation.
10) February in Florida is NICE: Let’s not forget, while most of the Northern Hemisphere is begging for the end of winter, Florida is pretty nice in February. Join us for a reprieve from the cold, and bring your families!
Register for the Global SOF Symposium – US today!